"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, shall
enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that
doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord,
have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy
name have cast out devil? and in thy name done
many wonderful works? And then will I profess
unto them, I never knew you: depart from me,
ye that work iniquity" Matthew 7:21-23

In case the people were to think that supernatural
signs were proof of holiness. Or even proof of ones
relationship with God, Jesus pointed out that on
the day of judgment there would be those who
would come to Him and say that they had done all
these things, but Jesus would have to tell them to
depart for they were workers of iniquity.

Judas Iscariot (who betrayed Him later) was among
those listening. Jesus gave the signs of true disciple-
ship saying, "By their fruits ye shall know them"
Matthew 7:21

He is looking for holiness, righteousness, gentleness,
meekness and all the fruits of the spirit.